Once In A Life-Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H How to use the omnifreaker advanced lights with DazStudio 4--JRoulin

Go down

H How to use the omnifreaker advanced lights with DazStudio 4--JRoulin Empty H How to use the omnifreaker advanced lights with DazStudio 4--JRoulin

Post by Angel 6th June 2022, 22:28

Those advanced lights are so called UberEnvironment2. To use them and see the results we will need
a scene to render so I loaded one of my last saved scene with M5 in it. There is no light and the
default front view as you can see in the figure below.

Spoiler:

When render without lights you get this aspect.

Spoiler:

Now we are going to add the UberEnvironment2 light to the scene. To do this you need to load the
!UberEnvironment2 Base light. They can be found in the Light Presets folder under omnifreaker,
UberEnvironment2 as shown in the figure below

Spoiler:

We now need to adjust those lights as this is only the base. To do so we need to select the light in
the Scene tab.

Spoiler:

Now that this is done we can add an HDR map that is used to calculate the light. I like to use the Set
HDR KHPark as shown in the figure below

Spoiler:

I also adjust the quality to 4XHI

Spoiler:

Now the last is to go to the Parameter tab, selecting the light, and changing the Environment mode
to Indirect lightening w/soft shadows. This is a high setting that is working well and not too time
consuming. Whatever before you can see the render really starting it is sometime a little long but this
depends on your computer.

Spoiler:

When rendering it gives you this result

Spoiler:

I normally also turn a little the scene so that you see the figure a little from higher position and from
the right.

Spoiler:

This gives you that result

Spoiler:

Just wanted to show you also how to set the light direction

To do this, select the Top view.

Spoiler:

Zoom out till you see the full environment sphere

Spoiler:

Select in the environment light and sphere together by holding the Ctrl key and mouse click in the
scene Tab

Spoiler:

Now in the parameter tab rotate the Y axis until the light (sun) is where you want

Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Don't forget to tell those you love that you love them!
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down